The 2008 Special General Meeting & Community Forum of The Factory: Hamilton Media Arts Centre will take place on Tuesday September 22, 2008 @ 7:30 PM to be held at The Factory: Hamilton Media Arts Centre, 126 James Street North, Hamilton ON L8R 2K7.
Election of New Board Trustees
All Members are urged to attend to participate in an election of Trustees. Please see below for details.
An invitation is extended to individual artists, arts & culture workers and organizations and members of the non-profit and charitable community to participate in an interactive discussion focused on effective guidelines and strategic direction of our regional media arts centre.Agenda:
1) Address from the Chair 2007 Ė 2008
2) Election of New Trustees
3) Community Forum
Factory Bylaws Ė
ANNUAL OR OTHER MEETINGS OF MEMBERS
QUORUM OF MEMBERS
23. A quorum for the transaction of business at any meeting of membership shall consist of one third of members in good standing and entitled to vote present in person, or represented by proxy. Each member must be recorded with the Secretary.
VOTING RIGHTS & VOTING BY PROXY.
24. Every Full Member present at a meeting of members shall have one vote on all matters arising at such meeting. A Full Member may, by means of a written proxy dated and signed by such member, appoint a proxy holder to attend and act at a specific meeting of members in the manner and to the extent authorized by the proxy. A proxyholder must be a voting member of the Corporation. A proxy ceases to be valid one year from its date.
25. Majority of Votes. Subject to provisions of the Act and the by-laws, at all meetings of members every question shall be decided by a majority of the votes cast on the question or by proxy, and in case of an equality of votes, the Chair shall not have a second or casting vote.
26. Voting Procedure. The voting on the election of Trustees shall be decided by a secret ballot. Every other question to be decided at a meeting of members shall be decided in the first instance by a show of hands and, unless a poll is demanded, a declaration by the Chair that a resolution has been carried or not carried and an entry to that effect in the minutes of the Corporation shall be admissible in evidence as prima facie proof of the fact without proof of the number or proportion of the votes accorded in favor of or against such resolution. A member may demand a poll at any time and, unless such demand is withdrawn, such poll shall be taken in such manner as the Chair directs.
27. Election Procedure. The Board shall be elected by the Full members of the Corporation as follows:
b) at least 10 days before the … “Special” … general meeting, the Board shall send a list consisting of the slate of candidates together with a form of proxy by which each Full Member can appoint either another Full Member or the Secretary of the Corporation to vote for specific candidates.
c) at the … “Special” … general meeting, a poll vote shall be held and a Scrutineer appointed by the Chair of the meeting shall tabulate the results of the votes of these voting Members voting in person or by proxy.
Call For Nominations
The deadline for Nominations for election to the Board of Trustees of The Factory: Hamilton Media Arts Centre will be September 11, 2008.
To be nominated, application materials must be received by the deadline date at the office of:
The Factory, 126 James Street North, Hamilton ON, L8R 2K7
Application Documents – Items 1 through 3 must be received for a nomination to be processed.
1. Letter of Intent – a one page letter from the Nominee explaining their reasons for accepting the nomination.
2. Board Application Form – this form must be completed and signed by the nominee.
3. Bio – a short two paragraph bio that will be posted to The Factory Website and circulated to members.
All completed nomination packages will be posted to Factory Members for nomination review.
At that time Full Members in good standing are requested to step forward as nominating sponsors and endorse a Nominee as follows:
4. Board Nomination Form – signed by the Nominating member and Nominee.
Please email: info (at) hamiltonmediaarts (dot) org or call: 905 577 9191 to request a copy of the Board Nomination Form.
Please read the Guidelines for Board Members for an understanding of the role of a Board Trustee.
To download the Guidelines for Board Members click here
To download the Board Application Form click here
In order to vote at the Special General Meeting, or to sponsor nominee candidates to the Board of Trustees, Members must be a member in good standing at least 90 days prior to that date.
Membership renewals may be processed at any time prior to the Special General Meeting of September 22, 2008 or on the night of between 7 Ė 7:30 PM.
To become a Member or renew your membership you must fill out a Membership Form and either mail or drop off the form to:
THE FACTORY: Hamilton Media Arts Centre
126 James Street North, Hamilton ON, L8R 2K7
To download the Membership Form click here
By corresponding with any Factory representative and/or submitting a form on any of the Factory sites or at any of our events you will be entitled to receive the Factory Newsletter and correspondence from The Factory. Every Newsletter we send out will include an explanation on how to opt-out from receiving future Newsletters or e-mail announcements. The Factory does not share e-mail addresses we collect through our web sites or event surveys with any unaffiliated third parties unless we specify at the point of collection.
Receiving Newsletters from The Factory is optional. You may choose not to receive Newsletters, even after granting prior permission, or you may wish to correct information you previously provided. If you do not wish to receive Newsletters or wish to correct information you provided to Factory, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
The Factory: Hamilton Media Arts Centre
126 James St. N, Hamilton ON, L8R 2K7
905-577-9191 // firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday to Thursday, 12 Ė 4 PM
Factory Works Screening Series
2nd Friday of every month
Doors open at 7 PM
3rd Monday of every month, 7 Ė 9 PM
Please Note: Starting June 16, Media Mondays will take place at the
Acclamation Bar & Grill – 191 James St. N (parking in rear)