Come celebrate the Arts this November
Arts Dundas Weekend 2008, November 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th 2008.
Art lovers of all kinds, mark your calendars; that special time of year is approaching!
This year’s Arts Dundas Weekend promises to be a fun filled four-day celebration of Dundas’ thriving arts community.
• There will be music, exhibitions, pottery, and theatre – all kinds of choices for your enjoyment.
• We are trying a new format this year to showcase local artisans.
• In place of open houses, there will be interactive art demonstrations. With participation of the Carnegie Gallery and Dundas Museum & Archives, you are invited to join in on both Saturday and Sunday of Arts Dundas Weekend at these locations.
• Artisans featured this year are Susan Ricketts, Janice Peshke, Dave Lambert, Danuta Kamocki and many more.
• Another major event will be The Potter’s Guild of Hamilton and Region Fall Sale held at the Dundas Community Centre.
• Children and teen events will be hosted by Dundas Public Library.
• Members of the Tower Poetry Society, artist members of Carnegie Gallery and Dundas BIA merchants will collaborate once again for King Street Art walk.
• Hamilton’s trolley will transport guests every 20 minutes between The Carnegie, the Museum and the potters’ Guild sale
These are just some of the events planned to make this year even more memorable.
Brochures with more information are available with a full schedule to pick up
• Carnegie Gallery and
• Bryan Prince Booksellers
Admission to the gallery is always free
The Carnegie Gallery is operated by the Dundas Art & Craft Association
an incorporated non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and encouraging
Canadian art and artists especially from our region.
We gratefully acknowledge the support of the City of Hamilton,
The Ontario Trillium Foundation and our many friends.
The Gallery is wheel-chair accessible.