Views and reviews about
theatre, art and life,
by Ronald Weihs and Judith Sandiford.
About Ronald Weihs
Ronald Weihs is a playwright and theatre director. He and his partner Judith Sandiford publishedArtword Artist’s Forum from 1989 to 1993. They created and operated Artword Theatre and Gallery in Toronto from 1994 to 2006. In Hamilton, from 2009 to 2019, they ran Artword Artbar, a music and theatre venue in downtown Hamilton.
About Judith Sandiford
Judith Sandiford has been a visual artist on-and-off since her art-school days. She also been, among other things, a typesetter, a journalist, a magazine editor, an art gallery administrator, and, since she met Ron, a theatre designer.
- What colour is your hair? May 23, 2022
- Ron and Judith in Italy 2021: Part 1 – Fiumicino and Venezia December 22, 2021
- The pandemic is the medium February 7, 2021
- The Pardoner and his Tale, Jan 19 2021 January 19, 2021
- Noguchi sculpture appears in the Rose Garden, Episode #2 December 3, 2020
- Noguchi sculpture appears in the Rose Garden, Episode #1 November 28, 2020
- East Enders vs the Republic of China November 21, 2020
- Atom Egoyan’s Guest of Honour, at the Playhouse July 26, 2020
- Limits to Common Sense August 31, 2019
- The art of politics August 6, 2019
Monthly Archives: January 2021
The Pardoner and his Tale, Jan 19 2021
Today (January 19, 2021) everyone in the U.S. is busy guessing who will be on the pardon-list of that outgoing guy. The official list will be documented here: https://www.justice.gov/pardon/pardons-granted-president-donald-trump#Jan202021
Meanwhile, let’s find out how a person who Pardons does it. Geoffrey Chaucer’s character The Pardoner, and his tale in The Canterbury Tales (1387) come to mind. A Pardoner was … Read the rest
Posted in Politics, Thoughts, Musings, Stories Leave a comment