Views and reviews about
theatre, art and life,
by Ronald Weihs and Judith Sandiford.
About Ronald Weihs
Ronald Weihs is a playwright and theatre director. He and his partner Judith Sandiford publishedArtword Artist’s Forum from 1989 to 1993. They created and operated Artword Theatre and Gallery in Toronto from 1994 to 2006. In Hamilton, from 2009 to 2019, they ran Artword Artbar, a music and theatre venue in downtown Hamilton.
About Judith Sandiford
Judith Sandiford has been a visual artist on-and-off since her art-school days. She also been, among other things, a typesetter, a journalist, a magazine editor, an art gallery administrator, and, since she met Ron, a theatre designer.
- What colour is your hair? May 23, 2022
- Ron and Judith in Italy 2021: Part 1 – Fiumicino and Venezia December 22, 2021
- The pandemic is the medium February 7, 2021
- The Pardoner and his Tale, Jan 19 2021 January 19, 2021
- Noguchi sculpture appears in the Rose Garden, Episode #2 December 3, 2020
- Noguchi sculpture appears in the Rose Garden, Episode #1 November 28, 2020
- East Enders vs the Republic of China November 21, 2020
- Atom Egoyan’s Guest of Honour, at the Playhouse July 26, 2020
- Limits to Common Sense August 31, 2019
- The art of politics August 6, 2019
Author Archives: Judith Sandiford
My mother told me this story. She and I were on a train. I was about 2 years old. We were probably travelling from Sarnia, where my father had a war job of some sort, to Toronto, where my grandmother lived. I was restless and was standing in the aisle. One row up on the other side of … Read the rest
Today (January 19, 2021) everyone in the U.S. is busy guessing who will be on the pardon-list of that outgoing guy. The official list will be documented here: https://www.justice.gov/pardon/pardons-granted-president-donald-trump#Jan202021
Meanwhile, let’s find out how a person who Pardons does it. Geoffrey Chaucer’s character The Pardoner, and his tale in The Canterbury Tales (1387) come to mind. A Pardoner was … Read the rest
How your intrepid blogger discovers new answers to her puzzles about the Noguchi sculpture … on Dec. 1
On Dec 1, 2020 at 10:00 am, the White House Historical Association host an online two-panel symposium on “The History of Diverse Artists in the White House Collection”.
Between the two sessions … Read the rest
How a surprising news story in the US leads us to a Noguchi sculpture, a White House puzzle, and an unexpected update a week later …
Breaking News, Friday Nov 20, 2020
“First Lady Melania Trump is pleased to announce the installation of Floor Frame (1962), by Isamu Noguchi (1904-88). The sculpture will be located on the east terrace of … Read the rest