Views and reviews about
theatre, art and life,
by Ronald Weihs and Judith Sandiford.
About Ronald Weihs
Ronald Weihs is a playwright and theatre director. He and his partner Judith Sandiford publishedArtword Artist’s Forum from 1989 to 1993. They created and operated Artword Theatre and Gallery in Toronto from 1994 to 2006. In Hamilton, from 2009 to 2019, they ran Artword Artbar, a music and theatre venue in downtown Hamilton.
About Judith Sandiford
Judith Sandiford has been a visual artist on-and-off since her art-school days. She also been, among other things, a typesetter, a journalist, a magazine editor, an art gallery administrator, and, since she met Ron, a theatre designer.
- What colour is your hair? May 23, 2022
- Ron and Judith in Italy 2021: Part 1 – Fiumicino and Venezia December 22, 2021
- The pandemic is the medium February 7, 2021
- The Pardoner and his Tale, Jan 19 2021 January 19, 2021
- Noguchi sculpture appears in the Rose Garden, Episode #2 December 3, 2020
- Noguchi sculpture appears in the Rose Garden, Episode #1 November 28, 2020
- East Enders vs the Republic of China November 21, 2020
- Atom Egoyan’s Guest of Honour, at the Playhouse July 26, 2020
- Limits to Common Sense August 31, 2019
- The art of politics August 6, 2019
Category Archives: Music
One of the pleasures of our 10-day stay in Lisbon was the quality of the street music all over the city. Best of all was a really fine ensemble from Cabo Verde playing near the waterfront, Nôs Raíz. We listened to their concert for about 40 minutes and bought a CD, which turns out to be very well produced. The … Read the rest
Learie Mc Nicolls confronts the demons of poverty, violence and fear in his powerful new work, Transformation: a Journey of the Soul’s Healing, at Artword Artbar, March 25 and 26, 2015, at 9:00 pm. An Artword Theatre production, directed by Ronald Weihs, Transformation combines dance, spoken word, soundscape and visual images, to present one man’s struggle to come to … Read the rest